Corn and Chilis
- 3 cans creamed corn
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp garlic salt (or 3/4 tsp garlic powder and 1/4 tsp Laury's seasoned salt)
- 3/4 cup yellow corn meal
- 5 tbsp cooking oil
- 2 cans Ortega green chilis (diced)
- 12 oz shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix creamed corn, eggs, garlic salt, corn meal, and cooking oil. Stir well.
- Pour half of the above batter into a casserole dish or large baking bowl.
- Sprinkle chilis and cheddar cheese onto the dish.
- Cover with the remaining batter.
- Bake until firm, approximately 1 hour. The top may or may not brown a bit, especially if there is exposed cheese. This is normal.
|Corn and Chilis, pre-baking|
Delicious, tasty, and oh so simple. Between myself and three friends we killed an entire pan of Corn and Chilis in under half an hour, and that was in additional to raspberries and Parmesan asparagus (more on that later). Will definitely be making this again. I coooked it about 55 minutes until it had just started to brown around the edges, but in the future I might leave it another 10 or 15 minutes to let it firm up a little more on top.
Childhood tastes so, so good.