- Flesh of 1 large, ripe mango, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 red or green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 green onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, finely diced
- 1 fresh jalapeño, with seeds removed, finely diced
- Juice of 1 fresh lime (approx 2 tbsp)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- In a medium sized bowl, combine mango, pepper, green onion, cilantro, jalapeño, lime juice, lemon juice, and a generous pinch of salt. Mix well.
- Cover with Saran wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving. (Will keep up to 48 hours in the fridge).
And that's it!
The cornucopia of flavors in this simple salsa balanced the umami and spice of the chicken fajitas very nicely. And the chilled salsa was a nice contrast to the warm meat, just out of the slow cooker. I wouldn't change a thing, except that if I were making this to consume with chips instead of using them as a topping, I cut the mango and pepper small enough to be easily scoop-able. As it was, there was no salsa left over after dinner anyway!