- 1 pound asparagus spears (thin)
- 1.5 tbsp extra virgin olive out
- 2 ounces shaved Parmesan cheese
- Black pepper to taste
- 1/4 c balsamic vinegar, or to taste
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cover a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Lay asparagus on sheet in a single layer. Drizzle olive oil onto asparagus, or brush on with butter brush. Spread Parmesan cheese over asparagus evenly, and sprinkle with black pepper.
- Bake 12-15 minutes until cheese is melted and asparagus is bright green and slightly crisp. Serve immediately. Spinkle with balsamic vinegar to taste.
|The asparagus with Parmesan, ready to go into the over|
If you like asparagus, you'll love this simple modification. If you don't, this won't convince you to eat asparagus. It's just that simple. Using shaved Parmesan instead of grated or shredded left the Parmesan in large, tasty continents of cheese, which definitely improved the flavor of the overall dish.
|A simple and yummy side. And healthy too!|